Sunday, November 30, 2008

Lazy Liz is back!



I know what you're thinking. Liz is a slacker. Liz is all, I am going to write EVERY DAY about free food. And wait . . . there has not been a post since Thursday? Now that Thanksgiving has passed, it Liz all about being selfish?

Um, no. I've just been being a really social butterfly. But I am back and ready to go, because I have been doing nothing BUT eating these past few days.

Let's start with Thanksgiving. I went to New Jersey with my sister Katie. We were going to her fiance Forde's aunt's house. Got it?

Forde's family is awesome. The minute I got there, they offered me scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage. This was followed by the aforementioned sausage bread, which is made by Forde's mom Dorrie. It's like a calzone but better. There were also spinach balls, deviled eggs, some sausage/cheese/bread concoction, bagels, baked brie, and more. And this was for BREAKFAST. And I ate all of it! Uh oh, I think it's going to be a bad Weight Watchers week, hehe.

At about 1pm, I switched from coffee to wine, woohoo! I kept stuffing myself and before I knew it it was time for dinner!

You can imagine the spread: turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, GRAVY. Everything must be doused in gravy if you ask me.

Since I am a trooper and very persevering, I kept eating and then, low and behold, it was time for dessert!

I ate some Saltine/brown sugar/chocolate concoction, chocolate chip cookies, chocolate mousse pie, and a homemade Reese's peanut butter cup-type pie. Yum! No one would think I was anorexic! I did say no to the rice pudding though!


Overall a great day! Many thanks to the Prigot, Donahue, Trata, and Stuart families. Big kisses! I cannot wait for Katie and Forde's wedding next November because the food will be good and we will be partying as soon as the vows are done.

So that was Thursday. Friday was awesome too. Three of my best buds in the world were in town: Holger, Sitar, and Ana. We went to Duke together and now live all over. We're a very metropolitan, sophisticated crew. Hehe. So we met on the Lower East Side at this place called Kuta House. Not free but delish. But, Sitar's sister Payal brought a chocolate mousse cake for Sitar's birthday so I ate that for free. Yum yum! And then we went to some fancy schmancy wine bar and Holgs bought us a bottle of red wine. We also played this really fun game called "Guess who is on an Internet date." It is HARD. There was this one couple that TOTALLY looked like an Internet date. He was tall, kind of gawky, but adorbs. She was a bit chunky. Let's call them Tim and Kim, shall we? Please bear in mind this is not about being shallow, but rather I am being observant and I used to work for a matchmaker so I am a bit fascinated by dating dynamics. Anyway, Holger remarked that they probably were not on an Internet date, because Kim was eating too much. He got the friend or brother/sister vibe. Kim was very animated and talkative and Tim would politely add his two-cents. I was still of the opinion that this meeting had been set up courtesy of Match.com--I mean, Kim may have put up an old picture. But then Judgment Day came: the check was brought over and Kim paid. So I'm thinking friends.

Saturday was tough. I did not leave the apartment till 8 pm when I met Sitar and Payal out for dinner, this time on the UES for Mexican food. Again, not free, but then Sitar bought me a drink at a nearby bar, though I'm not sure if it was before or after midnight. Eek!

Today I left my apartment to go to a flea market at Immaculate Conception Church. I bought a reading light for a dollar and a Support Our Troops magnet. However, I also got a Hot Wheels lunchbox for free! So new free food, but I figure this is a better investment.


All right, off to bed!

Liz!

No comments: