Monday, January 12, 2009

On Healthy Eating when Addicted to Free Food

Now that the holidays are over, the corporate bigwigs are not putting out as much free food. Which in a way is a good thing because I've got a wedding to attend in 10 months, and I need to look hot for it!

It's a new year and I am really trying to eat better. That said, I still eat fun! Like yesterday after bullriding I ate 6 wings and nachos and lots of beer. I will never be one of those finicky girls who only eats salad and diet seltzer water. I will never be one of those girls who is so busy at work that she "forgets" to eat. Now, I can understand not having time to eat (in a way). Today, for example, I had a hectic morning, and then I had to leave at 1 pm for a doctor's appointment. I didn't eat lunch till amost 3. But mind you, I was not forgetting! I almost chewed off my own arm!

Luckily, my lovely boss had brought in Munchkins for our morning meeting. I only ate 1 chocolate and 1 honey glazed. The old Liz would have eaten 8 of each. I also ate a York peppermint paddy and Andes mint from Johnny K's head. And I even went to the gym after work!

Tomorrow I've got Weight Watchers . . . we'll see what the jury says!

Liz!

No comments: