Saturday, January 10, 2009

Free food is hard to find on weekends!

I've been up since 5:45 this morning so this will be quick.

I SORT of ate free food today. See, this morning I woke up at 5:45 because I needed to get to Central Park by 7:30 am to do a 5m road race for the New York Road Runners. I only pressed snooze once and was out of the house by 6:30! And it was cold!

I went by myself to the race and was shocked to see 3000 other kindred souls. Wow, there a lot of masochistic crackheads in New York City. I made a brand new friend named Jen on the way to pick up my t-shirt, and we ended up running the race together and became bffs. We both love Murakami! And think the Beats were misogynistic! And we love geeks! We went to grab coffee afterwards and agreed to run all upcoming races together. If only I could pick up men the way I pick up friends!

So, the questionable free food I ate was after the race. There were bagels and apples, but since I paid $25 to run the race, not sure if this counts towards my quota.

No comments: