Monday, December 15, 2008

Where in the world are the mini-marshmallows???


Kids, can we talk??? I took today off from work since I had some extra vacation days and I needed to bake! I don't give prezzies to anyone for Christmas, I give them cookies! It's all in the spirit that people should enjoy free food everyday, just like I do!

I've attached a picture of one of the kinds of cookies that my friends and colleagues will be receiving from me. They came out friggin' adorbs, didn't they? And I am so so proud of myself because I only ate 2 of them and I made 96. Woohoo! I also went running this morning for an HOUR. Go Liz!

In addition to these Hershey Kiss Peanut Butter Blossoms (or whatever the hell they call them on the back of the Hershey Kiss package--this is no Liz Simons' original recipe!) I make just about the cutest sugar cookies ever--they are decorated like Jolly Old St. Nicholas, aka Santa! First I cover them with white frosting, then I use coconut for the beard, red sprinkles for the hat, 2 red hots for the eyes, a chocolate chip for the nose or the mouth, I never know what it is suppose to represent, and then one single white mini-marshmallow for the little poof at the end of Santa's hat.

Easy enough ingredients, right?

WRONG!

Oh my God I could not find BIG marshmallows anywhere, let alone white mini-marshmallows! I almost resorted to using Fluff! Finally I found multi-colored "fruit flavor" mini marshmallows at a 99 cent store, though they cost me a buck 29. Whatevs, I'll live. And now my Santa cookies will be really liberal and anti-Proposition 8 with their rainbow assortment of hat poofs, so I guess I'm cool with that.

As for my free food quota for the day . . . not good. I found an Andes mint in my backpack that I had taken from Johnny K's Batman head on Friday, so at least I succeeded in my mission.

I'm also excited because my favorite pawn shop is having some kind of Christmas raffle this weekend. I will SO be there, and I'm dressing up!

No comments: