Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On being tardy for the book club party

Today I had the foresight to take the day off, since my work holiday party was last night. Granted, I was very well-behaved since there was only 3 hours open bar as opposed to the six the year before, but I wanted to sleep in and get caught up on my shows, go to the gym, bake cookies, and start my Christmas cards. Did any of this get done today? Hell, no. I woke up at 11am and heated up a bowl of soup (not free) and I only watched Bad Girls Club and didn't even get around to the Real Housewives of Orange Country. Slacker!

Why were my ambitions so thwarted? Well, I had to finish my the book "The Gathering" by Anne Enright in time for my totally bitchin' book club tonight. I had to read 200 pages before arriving in Brooklyn at 7pm.

Well, I pulled up to my friend's house a little late, 7:30. I finished the book though! I was very excited because there were some delish crackers, cheese, and hummus for snacks, and then Laura the hostess brought out a tasty turkey sausage lasagna with a side of bread. And for dessert there were brownies made by Beverly and saltines with brown sugar, butter, and chocolate made by moi.

I want to go to bed now so I can wake up on time to go running. Love you all!

No comments: