Thursday, March 19, 2009

I've been tardy to the blogging party!

What's up kids??? Been a long time since I rapped at you (paging Jim Anchower). So sorry, but I've been busy!

I took Tuesday off from work to attend a kick ass St. Patrick's Day party in an office on 5th avenue, overlooking the parade. I drank beer for the first time since Lent began. Wow, was it tasty! And FREE! I also ate several hors d'oeuvres, a corned beef sandwich, and lots of cookies. Yum!

I stumbled home around 8:30, and then my friends called me to join them at the wonderfully awesome dive bar O'Hanlon's. My friend Suzanne bought me a Harp! Wow! A fabulous day for free food!

Yesterday was a tough day. I was semi-hungover, but not too bad. During lunch, I went to Economy Candy, an old-school candy store on the Lower East Side. I bought $15 dollars worth of cavity-causers, including mint lentils, red and black little rasperry thingies, a Valomilk (read about these and other treats in the absolute delightful book Candy Freak by Steve Almond), and Mallo Cups. Your girl Liz was bummed because there were no Idaho Spuds or GooGoo Clusters. I did buy some Peanut Chews for my boy Johnny K's Batman head.

As for my free food yesterday, I ate a chocolate peanut butter cupcake from Eleni's.

Today was a bit healthier. My coworker Robert gave me a piece of Irish soda bread. It was delish.

And fyi, I'm bag on the wagon. No more booze till Easter!!!

Love,
Liz

No comments: