Sunday, March 22, 2009

Happy Birthday Katie!


My sister turned 32 today, which was awesome because it meant a party which meant, drum roll please, free food!

Since I ran a 15k road race in the morning, I was totally okay with eating whatever the hell I wanted. Immediately after the race, I went to a Jewish diner with my running buddy Jen and I ordered a deep fried hot dog smothered in chili, cheese, and sauerkraut, with a potato knish on the side. While this was not free, it was delicious!

After brunch, I showered at the gym and then headed up to the Upper East Side for my sister's birthday party at her friend Bridgette's apartment.

Bridgette is an excellent hostess and cook, as were all the other guests. It was all very genteel. There were yogurt parfaits, brie, chocolate chip cookies that your girl Liz made, No Pudge brownies, a caserole, potato dish, mimosas (which teetotaling me did not drink! Boo!), and a decadent and delicious cake made by professional baker Hope Jones. You too can order some of her amaaaaazing treats at her company Hope Faith & Gluttony. Look at the cake she made below!

Katie's birthday party was an overwhelming success in the quest for free food. Thank you Bridgette, Susan, Hope, and Lori! And Katie--happy birthday and congratulations on your recent 250 lb weight loss!

No comments: