Monday, October 27, 2008

When did meetings get HEALTHY???


As you know one of my favorite pastimes is raiding leftovers from corporate bigwig meetings. You never know when you will find a really rich penne alla vodka, or chicken ceasar salad, or a scrumptious brownie! I always feel like Robin Hood when I stumble on these spreads, but instead of stealing from the rich to give to the poor I'm stealing to feed myself! Oh sweet Jesus!

So today you can imagine how excited I was because there was this long 4 or 5 hour meeting with all the big shots in the largest conference room in my office. My mind swam with visions of gigantic chocolate chip cookies, portabello mushroom sandwiches, and gourmet potato chips. And this was just my recession-era imagination! So finally at 6pm the meeting broke and they put the food out in the kitchen. I rushed over to claim my booty.

And what is there but fruit. FRUIT! Are you kidding me? I've waited all day for THIS?!?!

Nevertheless, I ran back to my desk and grabbed two Tupperware containers I keep for just such an occasion. I mean, I DO go to Weight Watchers for a reason people, hehe.

Then I also grabbed a Reese's Caramel Peanut Butter Cup to cleanse the palate on my way out. And I also saw 4 REALLY hot firemen in the building lobby, but I wasn't wearing anything cute today. I didn't look like a lesbian gym teacher this time, but it's been a while since I've done my laundry. Bahhhhh!

No comments: