Friday, October 17, 2008

Pizza and quesadillas make strange bedfellows



I woke up this morning thrilled. Last night the Red Sox came back in the 7th inning to beat the Devil Rays 8-7. Because I stayed up so late watching the game, I slept in later than usual, which meant that I was running late for work, which meant that I might bump into my subway crush who takes the train at 9am. I only see him on these occasions. I made a point to dress up casual cute, but it didn't matter because my subway crush, let's call him Luke, wasn't even there. Bahhh!

So tired and dejected, I stumbled into the office with a scowl . . .

. . . which less than an hour later turned to a grin the size of Texas!

Why, you ask?

Leftover bagels from a meeting! With cream cheese! So I devoured an everything "hole of love" slathered with cream cheese. Before I knew it was lunch, and my colleague Jana came over to me with a plate of leftover Mexican food. "Liz, you want it?"

Is the Pope Catholic? Yes!

Then another office mate came up to me, a dejected look on her face.

"Liz, there is a meeting with leftover pizza, and no one's eating it and it's just sitting there. What do we do?"

Now, I'm no superhero, but I am always one for a challenge, so I walked into that meeting like I owned the place, took a pizza box, and brought it back to my friends.

"Did anyone order pizza?" I asked triumphantly.

Not to brag, but I did really really good today.

No comments: