Wednesday, October 29, 2008

TGI Wednesday!

Hello friends!

Well well well. I am so thrilled to share with you my most excellent day in the land of free food. I woke up this morning late. Scattered, I rushed to work with a very minimalistic lunch packed: a can of Diet Coke, a container of yogurt that I probably wouldn't eat, and a can of black bean soup. Woop de do.

But then I got to work and there was a very pleasant surprise: pizza! See, the company decided to get in on this whole "Feed Liz Free Food" bandwagon and they planned a networking lunch meeting where we can learn about other departments in the corporation. Now, I know that this wasn't designed just for me, but it felt that way as they provided pies and soda. I ate two slices and it was delish.

Then I met an old friend for dinner after work in Midtown. We originally planned to meet at Faces and Names, but it was packed so we ventured south a few blocks and arrived at the mecca of good taste: TGI Fridays. Woohoo!

We ordered wings, a steak and cheese sandwich, fries, and a bacon cheeseburger. The bill came and my friend handed the waitress his credit card. "It's on me," he said.

I said "yeah!"

No comments: