Monday, October 20, 2008

Heath: Not just an actor who left us too soon


Being on the hunt for free food is not an easy task, especially if you have a job and have to do work at this job. As if facebook wasn't time-consuming enough, I have to also dedicate part of my day foraging for food (kidding, kidding if my boss is reading this), in addition to "working." At any rate, today was a very challenging day for me as a hunter.

See, my friend Johnny K has a most excellent candy stash at his desk. Every day is like Halloween in his cube. So, if the higher ups don't leave food out after their meetings, I have to rely on John for my free food for the day: a Kit Kat, Reese's peanut butter cup, or in this case today a Heath bar. Not a bad deal really, but where is the challenge. You, my faithful readers, all two if you, look forward to hearing my extreme tales of valor, of exploration, of courage . . . but let's be honest a Nestle Crunch bar is, er, a little domestic if you will.

Well, I ate one anyway (well, that could have been Friday that I ate a Nestle Crunch, but I definitely ate a free Heath Bar and a York Peppermint Patty today) because it was towards the end of the day and I needed to fulfill my quotient. I left the office, and to my surprise saw a most beautiful sign: free pasta inside! Whaaaa???

See, Buitoni Pasta has set up a booth in my office building for the whole week and every day they will be offering a lunch and dinner sample. Yowzas. So I went in around 6:30 and ate a delicious pumpkin ravioli concoction. There were only three but it will do for free. I can't wait for lunch tomorrow! I'll probably wear a disguise so I can get several samples!

Love,
Liz

No comments: