Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Breaking Up Is Hard To Do . . .


. . . with tv shows.

See, with my impending 30th birthday less than 6 months away, I realized I wanted to do something with my life. I'm already 8 lbs less than I was in January, so I need to compensate for those pounds with more comedy shows, writing, perhaps a boyfriend!!! So NOT a priority but a bonus! And I realized, watching The Beast, Rock of Love Bus, Confessions of a Teen Idol, Intervention, Tool Academy, I Love Money, Real Housewives of the OC and NY, Bad Girls Club, 48 Hours Mystery, and the Amazing Race every week really doesn't leave much time to do, say, anything.

So I've decided to cut my losses and move on.

As much as it hurts my heart, I'm breaking up with the following shows: The Beast (so sorry Patrick), Rock of Love Bus, Confessions of a Teen Idol, and maybe Tool Academy. By the time this articulate blog entry goes to press, I will hopefully have had the courage to delete them from my DVR. I am definitely still keeping up a polyamorous affair with Intervention, the Housewives, the Bad Girls, 48 Hours, and Amazing Race. Undecided on I Love Money as I am 3 weeks behind, but I do love The Entertainer and Buckwild.

As you know heartbreak brings heart ache, so I am drowning my sorrows in alcohol (sort of). I plan on giving up booze for Lent (except on St. Paddy's Day) and Ash Wednesday is next week, so I've got to get the hooch juice in now! Last night, my friend Lori supplied me with a Heineken Light Beer. On Friday, my friend Mike brought over a bottle of wine. Tonight, I'm drinking soda, but I did eat some free candy from Johnny K's Batman head. And I met my dear friend Ngon for coffee after work, and he paid. Woohoo!

Please support me in my time of need. Remind me I don't need Bret Michaels.

No comments: