Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Booze, candy, and ashes: the week of Liz

In about 5 minutes Lent begins. Woohoo! I have decided to give up booze and ciggies for the next 40 days. I did grant myself a dispensation on St. Paddy's Day, at least for the booze.

In preparation for this sacrifice, I did go out drinking with a friend last night who bought me three beers and mozzarella sticks. When I got home I smoked 2 cigarettes.

Today I ate a few pieces of candy from Johnny K's Batman head. I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and was surprised to lose .2 lbs since I haven't worked out in about 2 weeks and I've eaten really badly because there is no wedding in November anymore where I need to be a bridesmaid. So, I've been living it up!

Starting tomorrow, however, I'm being a good girl. I'm waking up early to get my ashes before work. Ash Wednesday MIGHT be my fave holiday because I get to see who all my fellow devout Catholics are! In preparation, I am going to wear a really cute outfit tomorrow so all those Georgetown, BC, and Notre Dame grads will see me and say, wow, that's a girl I can bring home to Mom! I'll have the mark of the Catholic tribe on my forehead!

To that end, I need to go to bed. I was going to head to sleep earlier, but I got caught up watching the Real Housewives of Orange County reunion. Team Gretchen! Team Lynne! Team Jeanna!

Tamra and Vicki--go to Hell!

Wait--I need to be a good Catholic--Tamra and Vicki--please spend some time in Purgatory instead. Maybe then she'll see the errors of your ways.

Love you all!

No comments: