Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Why Does It Always Rain on Me?

I thought it was April showers bring May flowers, but your girl Liz has seen something but RAIN the past few days.

But, being the eternal optimist and totally non-cynical person that I am, I look for the good things in life. Take today for example! I hit the jackpot in my quest for free food!

See, we had a huge big corporate brainstorming meeting led by an outside group that lasted 4 hours. One of the group leaders was really hot in that nerdy artistic dark-framed glasses way. If he lived in New York, he would live in Williamsburg and thus render himself unattractive and too ironic for me, but he hailed from Minneapolis so he was just dorky! Unfortunately, he also wore a wedding band so I am going to say next please!

At any rate, while this geek was eye candy to me (did I really just use the term eye candy? Shoot me), what was the real treat was the humongo spread of free food! It was catered by a real catering company and I filled up two plates with the following goodies: a buffalo chicken wrap, penne with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese, raviolis, some barley-apple-raisin concoction, salad, Diet Coke, cookies, and brownies!

After the meeting, they put out the leftover food in the kitchen. I brought my tupperware over and tomorrow for lunch I will eat another buffalo chicken wrap and penne. Life is good!

No comments: