Thursday, May 14, 2009

It's All About Cake

Good thing I'm not Eve, because I would have screwed over all of humankind because I can't resist temptation. Especially when it's free cake!

Today was a big day for cake. Towards the end of the day, one of my spies in the office called me to say there was leftover cake from a colleague's baby shower. Unfortunately, I could not run to the kitchen at that moment because I had to finish a very important task (I am an important person, you see). I was so nervous that there would be no cake by the time I got to the canteen, but luckily there was half left! I cut myself a small slice.

After work, I had my book club in Wash Heights. We read The Sheltering Sky by Paul Bowles, which was liked by three of the ten members, including me! When we finished our discussion, Laura brought out a chocolate cake with strawberries for our hostess Rachel's birthday. It was quite delish, despite the whipped cream frosting which I do not usually like.

Now I'm home, and tired. So I'm going to bed!

No comments: