Monday, April 13, 2009

Free at Last!


Hey all!

Yesterday was Easter which means Lent is over which means I can DRINK BOOZE! Woohoo!

I admit that I actually enjoyed not drinking as it meant I could eat more free candy with all the calories I saved. Yippee!

I assure you, however, that I will no longer be abstaining from the hooch. I celebrated Easter with a beautiful mimosa at 10am yesterday. Jesus--both you AND my spirit has risen!

So let's go back and review all the free food I ate since last week.

Thursday--It was Jesus Christ's Last Supper, and I figured he'd probably want dessert. In his honor, I ate a delicious vanilla cupcake from Eleni's (also in celebration of my girl Sharyn's birthday). That evening I went to Mass for Holy Thursday at Old St. Patrick's cathedral in Little Italy. I sat next to a really cute Catholic boy who I now plan on stalking. Just saying.

Friday--Good Friday! This is so sad because I cannot remember any specific free food I ate, but I do know I took some chocolate from Johnny K's Batman head. Then after work I did the Stations of the Cross through the streets of Little Italy and SoHo and I saw Chloe Sevigny.

Saturday--I ran a 10k in the rain with my friend Jen in the morning. Afterwards, I borrowed some of her clothes. She's shorter and skinner than I am, so I looked a bit like a homeless person, but whatevs, I was dry. That evening I took the train to my aunt and uncle's in Westchester where they fed me some delicious free food--hamburgers! Yum yum!

Easter Sunday--Well, you can imagine how I did! The Easter Bunny brought me a solid milk chocolate bunny, which really wasn't sufficient, so I stole some of my little cousins' candy. For dinner, I ate lamb, ham, asparagus, a corn casserole and WINE! Yeah! And, of course, some of my beloved Marshmallow Peeps. You see, I have been a card-carrying member of the Marshmallow Peeps Fan Club since 2002. I paid $15 for this and they sent me a shirt, a poster, a hat, and quarterly issues of the Newspeeper. There is still a fan club today, but it's not what it used to be, I can tell you that much.

Today--There was some open house at work for young ambitious Latino high school students, and I totally stole a piece of pepperoni pizza.

Now I am going home! Love you all like crazy!

Love,
Liz!

No comments: