Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Candy Everybody Wants!


Back in 1993 your girl Liz was OBSESSED with the 10,000 Maniacs. I was in 8th grade and very socially conscious. My best friend Cindie made a cassette tape dub of their album "Our Time in Eden" and I listened to it like it was going out of style--which more or less it was as you never hear anyone listen to "These Are Days" anymore. But I digress. I loved all their songs and was concerned with all the right issues: unplanned pregancy (Eat For Two), the Vietnam War (The Big Parade), and child abuse (What's the Matter Here?).

One of my favorite Maniacs songs was the poppy and upbeat "Candy Everybody Wants." I have no idea what it was about, but I like candy so there you go!

And the "candy everybody wants"--or at least the candy that I want--can be found in Johnny K's Batman head at work. He's really a man among men. Every week he stocks his Batman head with candy, and not cheap ass Dum Dums or hard candies that no one eats. No, Johnny K buys the reall stuff that adults want. I'm talking Dove chocolates. I'm talking Reese's peanut butter cups. I'm talking Cadbury Creme eggs. All of which I ate today.

So Johnny K, you go in my free food hall of fame! Thanks for everything!

No comments: