Wednesday, September 8, 2010

North Andover, Revisited

Hey kidz! I bet you have been eagerly anticipating the sequel to my adventures in Massachusetts. Let's continue!

Sunday: I slept in, ran 4 miles with my Dad, and then went to church. I asked God for world peace and free food. How He obliged! He also gave me free clothes: my mom took me to TJ Maxx at the greatest strip mall of all time, the North Andover Mall. The North Andover Mall is home to Fashion Bug, Payless Shoe Source, Kohl's, and the Bollywood Grill. My hometown is so progressive! They even get the Jewish holidays off now!

My mother bought me a couple dresses, one of which I wore to work today and everyone complimented me on it. Unfortch, I didn't make missed connections wearing it!

After shopping, we returned home where my dad fired up the grill. He's a manly man, you know, despite the fact that he looks like Waldo.

Where's John Simons, aka Liz's Dad?

Papa Simons cooked delicious steak tips and chicken from Butcher Boy. Sister Katie made some tomato concoction. Mom boiled corn. I set the table. Wow, what a contribution! I poured myself a glass of wine but Katie forbade me to drink it since I was running a 25k the next day!

Monday: Our journey through free food in North Andover is almost over my friends. Or, I'm getting tired and am postponing it till tomorrow. So on Monday, Labor Day, your girl Liz decided to push herself! I ran a 25k with my dad around Cape Ann. Not to toot my own horn, but it is a HARD course. We finished a minute faster than last year, yippie skippie! I placed 579 out of 624. The Kenyans better watch out for me! At the post race celebration, I ate 3 popsicles (orange, root beer, and fruit punch) and one hot dog. My dad and I then drove to Rockport where I bought a half pound of my beloved tipped mints at Tuck's Candies. I can't believe Dad didn't offer to buy them for me! Whatevs! Nevertheless, if you want a way into my heart you will order me these. They are my all time favorite candy. And this is coming from someone who knows a thing or two about candy.

Rockport is a dry town, or used to me . . . I think you can get drinks at restaurants now but it's a bit of work and I imagine it is what Utah is like with all the Mormons. I am sure I am exaggerating. But no matter what, I don't want to get my drink on in Rockport when I can go right next door to Gloucester, home of the Crow's Nest and the inspiration for the Lifetime movie The Pregancy Pact. Yeah, they know their booze. Dad and I went to the Studio on Rocky Neck and ordered wings, beer, and burgers while sitting on the outdoor deck by the ocean.

All in all a great weekend. I'll talk about Tuesday tomorrow, but in the meantime let me tell you what I ate today! A leftover oatmeal raisin cookie. One of my least fave cookies, but beggars can't be choosers.

No comments: